Bits & Bytes
- Must've been absent that day in grade school--IDS
columnist Lucas McGregor
writes that "when you say 'women only,' you have to define what a woman
is. This might seem obvious, but I assure you that [is] because the
current sexist paradigm says so." Perhaps a refresher course in anatomy
would be appropriate.
- Sure they might have a better football team, but their students are
squirrely--The Bloomington Voice recently printed an article
about a University of
Michigan student group called "Save our Cute Squirrels," which has convinced
the Ann Arbor city council to fund an endeavor to dress squirrels in
reflective vests to keep cars from hitting them. This time it was just a
humor column, but doesn't it just sound like a great project for InPIRG?
- National Defense=Intolerance???--Jonathan Miller comments in
column that "By reacting excessively and negatively toward any aggression
from our enemies, we are hurting the innocent people of those
countries...." So if North Korea invades South Korea, we suppose Jonathan
will be at the border with Kool-Aid for their soldiers.
- Are you gonna ask her out, Jon?--Jonathan Greenberg spends the
first paragraph of his October 15 IDS column fawning over 8th District
congressional candidate Gail Reiken's eyes.
- Who's afraid of the big, bad Fernandez?--At a College Democrat
meeting, State Representative Mark Kruzan introduced Bloomington mayor
John Fernandez as "the Republicans' worst nightmare." Isn't that like
saying Beavis and Butthead will be the next big challenge to IBM's Deep
Blue chess-playing supercomputer?
- How's about we impeach Gros-Louis without a trial?--Chancellor
as quoted on AM 1370, has taken the Student Coalition bait hook, line, and
sinker, by saying ZBT should be expelled without a trial. Maybe
Gros-Louis should get a taste of his own medicine.